Sunday, February 6, 2011

December 27th 2010

It was really great talking to him even though it was very short. We had a very interesting experience trying to three way call :) Skype calling will be really fun and cool! He always asks for a lot of ties. Can you imagine living in a house made of cardboard and sticks? That would be so awful. I'm grateful that both of my parents have stable jobs that keep a solid roof over my head.


Great hearing from you all. Here is some fun news from after the phone call. The mission department approved Skype video calls for missionaries. So all the secretaries (part of our zone) went to the offices and video talked with their families for Christmas. I think I am totally game for that for the next call.
So a few stories. I already told you about the baptism of Karia whose photo I am including. We did also do a hospital visit where we gave away toys and treats to the kids for Christmas. That was a tender experience. On Chrsitmas we went around and visited members that the branch president asked us to visit, and almost all of them gave us tomales and posole. The fun thing though was sharing a quick message with them and seeing the joy it brought into their eyes.
Another fun story, a sister's house made out of cardboard and sticks had the roof blow off and we put a tarp up on it while it was raining and windy. We were soaked and covered with mud and took a picture right when we got back. OK, as for the birthday package, I would love a really nice camera that takes great pictures without blurs. I am not sure if that means high megapixels or what and also one that has a recharagable battery instead of double aa's and the slimer the better.
The elders want mountain dew, candy and we would all love sweet ties.
I love you all so much,
Take Care,
Elder Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment