Sunday, February 6, 2011

January 3rd 2011

I can't believe that he turned 21! Time flies by so quickly...and Adelyn just turned 2. Where does the time go? I bet that it is so true that being on a mission is amazing and that it is wonderful to help and serve people. I can't wait till I have the opportunity to serve on one. A lot of people question why we choose to go on missions and why if we do go, if our time wouldn't be better spent spending time in Africa or Haiti or other places helping people in need. The thing is, when we go on missions we are helping people. The gospel is the biggest source of peace in my life; knowing that I have a father in heaven and a older brother who loves me and everyone else so much that He died for me. Knowing that I can be sealed to my family to live with them for time and all eternity is the best. So if the gospel is so important to me, why wouldn't I want to try and spread that peace to others? People think that the only way to give help would be to give money for houses or clothes, and those things are extremely important, but they lack an eternal perspective. Also, while our missions are proselyting missions, our missionaries do a great deal of service and they love to help the people they are serving around.



I am now in Mexicali!!!!!!! The ride here was long but beautiful and went through a beautiful mountain range called the Ramarosa. And it gave me a lot of time to think. Since I turned 21 yesterday it was great having a little more reflection time. I thought about a lot of things like what to do for a career and life after my mission. Then I put myself to thinking about missionary work and how wonderful it is to be a missionary and to help people. I've truly realized the mission is a lot different than I ever thought but it pulls out all the strengths and faults in uno and that is amazing.
I am pumped for this new sector. It is called Villas del Rey and it is amazing. My companion's name is Elder Gutierrez and he is from the state of Mexico. We will be having fun and working hard. I am also so excited because... I am going to have Hermanas in my district!!! I have always wanted that, especially because it reminds me of Becca.

As for the BD package, I haven't gotten anything, but should this week. I am actually thinking about trying to fix the old camera and give it to a member in San Quintin who has always wanted one and is by far one of the best members I have ever met in my entire life. I am not sure how much it will cost but from what some people have said it should be between 50 and 60 dollars, if you think it would be a good idea please send the money, if not don't worry about it.

We had New Years off. As for my birthday, it was fun. I cooked a cake in a member's house, a member cooked me a cake and I made cookies at another member's house. My dinner meal turned out to be fish tacos. As for crazy stories, I have the conversion story of Karina, my one convert from san quintin. I will send a hard copy soon. She is a golden convert.

As for other news...there isn't really any...let me think...no, I am sure that is everything.

Hey I love you all and wanted to wish Adelyn a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and to all A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Con Amor,
Elder Baria
P.S.-I did share the ties, and I like them a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment