Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 14th

For those of you who don't know, Tim Tams are these chocolate cookings that you use as a straw and drink hot milk through. Then you put it in your mouth and because of the hot milk they just melt away. It is quite delicious:)


Cravings of the Week-Tim Tams (An Elder Received Them), Egg Nog (Doesn't Exist here without alcohol). No MP3 Players, Dad read PMG Chapter 13. If I get transferred out of Tijuana I will not get the package for awhile. Alright, I will be calling you all in ten days I am not sure on the time or places if I get transferred so send me an email with what is best for all of you. This week was full of fun. We baptized Jessica and Javier Maldonado. Javier had to work so we set the baptism for 4:00 on the dot, but he was the one that showed up late, almost an hour late. We had a combined baptism within the district. Our three wards joined together and we all had baptisms and sang a very...special musical number, and it was very special in fact a member told us later that it was feoissimo. On Sunday we baptized a young girl named Michelle and that brings my companion and I to a total of eight baptisms and five weeks consistently baptizing, and we have a hopeful four for this coming Saturday as well. I get more and more accustomed to the food here everyday. I ate Nopale tortilla's, alfalfa juice, and almost like home I ate bananas with yogurt and maple syrup on top. I have gone over budget on food almost consistently since I got to Mexico. But I came up with a really tight budget plan starting with the coming month. My companion and I are getting along just great. We have a much better relationship then when we started out. We both started roughing out the edges of each other right of the bat and now we understand our strengths, weaknesses and will help each other out. He is an awesome worker, tries to be obedient in almost all things and knows how to work with members-especially with our Posada plans. We spoke with members and are having mini Posada's (FHE) in members houses' if they bring an investigator. We are going to help our recent convert men, Daniel y Javier receive the priesthood and we are animating the Ward by having the young men baptize, and the confirmations by the high priests (our ward doesn't have an elders’ quorum). Alright time for me to sign off, I love you. The newsletter was awesome. I am a little behind. I love you All and pray for you.
Yours Eternally,
Elder Benjamin Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment