Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Without further Ado...

So four months later I am finally posting Ben's 1st letter to us. This letter came on August 7th. Sorry for the delay, but I am going to load all of the letters til now. Enjoy!

Hola mi familia
Gracias por palabras
I apologize in advance for my hastily written email. Thirty minutes is hardly enough to get all thoughts I want to get out. I think I may have to write my email and then just type it in. So in short order for this week, Te MTC is awesome. First day was learning to pray and bear testimony en espanol. Yesterday I taught my first lesson in spanish and it was muy bueno. The spirit here is awesome and we never stop learning. Wake up, work out, eat, class, eat, class, eat, class, and sleep. Once a week we go to the training center and practice our lessons. Also once a week we go to the referrel center, apparently we are the ones that call the people to see if they got their book o f mormon. My companion actually talked to this sweet old lady and the missionaries will be by her place sometime this week. My companion is awesome and our personalities mesh really well, and last night we had our first inventory and it was such an awesome spiritual experience. Once a week we go to the temple and that is so awesome. P-Day is sweet and it is so awesome to be so fcused on what matters the most. My teacher's are Hermano Fife and Hermano Heiner. The both served in Argentina, and the both are so awesome. Especially Hermano Heiner. Hermano Heiner is an hombre de Dios. I actually made a list of people who are hombre de dios to me, to name a few, my father, my brother in law, Aaron, and Brother Clark; and Hermano Heiner makes that list after only one week. There are others but I sadly dont have time to thank you all for your wonderful influence on my life. Hermano Heiner told us a story from when he got back on from his mission. His brother asked him how he was readjusting to life back in the real world. All he said back was what are you talking about I am never going back. Met an Elder here who can speak five languages. Hermano Heiner told us a story from when he was at the MTC he decided that he would not speak ingles at all. And he didnt and it frustrated some people but he said that "frankemente" we are not here to make friends and goof off we are here to learn and grow and expand ourself. So far in my journal I havent missed a day. Some days are four pages long others only a half. The days all run together here what seems like weeks has only been days. I know that if you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself and focus all your energy and efforts on others than everything you hope to become will be taken care of. So a guy in our district once baked three hundred cookies for girls campp just to impress a girl. As my spanish has gotten better my ingles has gotten worse so I apologize for any faults in my email. I love all of you so much and mom I promise that my letters will get better when I have a little more time. All of you be strong love you so much. I can really feel the prayers of all of you.
love,
Elder Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment