Thursday, December 31, 2009

November 9th: Postal Service

Another real letter. Its nice to recieve actual letters. Some of the things he says in Spanish don't make sense, but that is ok. His companion's name is quite long. If I get around to it ("if" being the key word) then I will post a picture of the card he sent.


Baria Family!
All right everyone – I’m going to need your help. I want you to write our converts and ask what they want for Christmas or better than that just send them all a little note. Irma, who we have been teaching, had us announce in church her baptism this Saturday.
Okay, so in church, the first hour is Priesthood. The Bishop, as he was leaving, said we were going to be talking that day. When the time rolled around I got up and just went for it (I prayed for the gift of tongues earnestly). My companion said I did good and he was really surprised. I did cry however at the end and a little boy in the ward gave me a tissue. My companion teased me – but only a little bit. It is incredible, our ward missionary leader’s wife is the best hermanomiento – er in the world. Every investigator, former investigator, convert, everyone know her. I made being the best fellow shipper a life goal because of her.
For Mom – Before I started ironing one day the room started to smell like Grandma Warnick’s house used to when I was in the kid on Sundays. I thought of her doing missionary work, of her helping others and getting them ready. In that moment I decided to always do family history work daily/weekly and to make sure I always give it some time in my schedule, and then reaffirmed my goal to go to the temple weekly, if possible. I was wondering if you all were going to the temple as a whole family. Kathryn, Jennifer, Elizabeth and Michelle can all receive temporary use recommends and you could go to the family names in the baptistry every week and the other ordinances that following week. That is a goal I se4t for myself and my future family that and to have a devotional/prayer/scripture study every day and night, no matter what.
I want my home to be a temple, no matter what.
So, the other day I got sick from a sweet fruit that looked almost like a tomato. By the time we got home my temperature was spiking at 101.7. I asked for a blessing and I hardly slept at all. The next morning it was much the same. The good news is we didn’t have to leave the house until twelve (weekly planning). My companion said to sleep. We let the President know what was happening and rested. My companion kicked me out of bed and by the end of the day I felt great and the next I felt the best I have since day one J.
So, my companion is named Elder Sotelo….Rodriquez de San Miguel Luis Antonio. I made sure to include his card as well J. He and I had a rough first week but we get along awesome and trust each other now. His English and my Spanish are coming along and He loves his “highness” (girlfriend). Out of room….I love you all so much!
Your Eternal Son and Brother, Elder Benjamin Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment