Thursday, December 31, 2009

October 29th: Snail Mail

Can you tell he is partial to Mexico? This letter came the old fashion way and with it brought something new. The back of every envelope we recieve is filled with his thoughts, needs and other random things. It's funny because he will say things like running out of room after one sheet of paper. It's like he doesn't realize that he is allowed to use more than one sheet of paper. Oh well! You can't teach an old dog new tricks, right?

Hello from the Promised Land!
How is everyone doing? All right, here’s some fun and exciting stores from Mexico…what do I have…Oh! I have a new companion as of today, Elder Sotelo from the city of Mexico. I can speak with him okay, but I’m pumped to improve. Now it is three Mexicans and me living in the same house. That will be fun. Elder Terry is now in Ensenada. I learned a lot from him. He is an awesome teacher and helped to rough off some of the edges. We worked hard and the fruits of that labor are about to come to pass. I set a lot of awesome goals while I was his companion, but I love change and this opportunity to improve. I’m always going to be enthused and excited for this work, be cheerful, obedient and work hard.
Story of the week- With Elder Terry we found a family who was less active, who wanted to go to church and that wanted us to baptized their daughter. After visiting with them my companion felt impressed to going up another street and do contacting. We knocked a few doors and were let in. The lady who answered the door had some Jehovah’s Witnesses stuff, but threw it in the trash. We talked, and she said she talked with missionaries at a swap meet about 2 months ago (my companion) -she put their pass-a-long card above the door. We taught her and her daughter. She asked if God revealed things to us in dreams. Then after describing the first vision, she asked us where we received this picture (Elder Terry believes she saw the first vision in a dream). We gave her a book of Mormon (she read the part we gave her and used the Jehovah’s Witnesses card as a bookmark). Then we committed her to be baptized. We also talked about the Word of Wisdom and we will see how things go.
Spanish- Easy to understand after half way through my second week, easier to speak now that I have a Mexican companion.
Let me know what you want to hear!
Love you all!
Your eternal son and brother,
Elder Benjamin Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment