Thursday, December 31, 2009

November 30th: Letter and Email

1st email then the letter.
______________________


The last line just cracks me up. I was totally not expecting it and how he just through it on at then end like it was nothing....well it made me laugh. It's good to know that now they are married.


Alright Not A Lot of Time-Get this newsletter thing of and on the waythen I can just print it and get a longer email out to you. I am goingto come up with a few ideas for the blog and send them your way. Justsend me a lit of questions in an email or whatever you would like. Ineed the address of Miranda, Abe, Mark, and Torry.Fourth Baptism! Her name is Gloria and she is part of a part memberfamily, just her and her dad are not member and we are now working onhim and then getting them off to the temple.We passed out cards for all the member to write down their addresses sothat we can contact their streets like Elder De Hoyos said. We startwith our list tomorrow. A fun recent convert experience, actually we hada really good one this week. A while back some new converts stopped andgave us a number of their family who wanted to come to church. We triedcalling but to no avail-the number never picked up. In church thisSunday the reference came to church. She came with her two kids, and hasalready been to the church at least two times before. Then after churchwe went to her house to give her child a blessing and her husband toldus that they want to be baptized!!!Only stumbling block is that they need to get married first.

Out of time, I love you all!

Yours Eternally,Elder Benjamin Baria

_____________________________

The joke was...interesting. Made me chuckle.

Familia Baria!
Buenas Tardes? Como les van?
I’m trying to get better with the card writing thing, but as the weeks turn into months, it appears to be the area that needs the most growth. So I will start with my companion’s joke. The prophet, a pastor, and the pope are in a boat. The prophet gets out and starts walking on water to the shore. The pastor and pope are amazed (What?!). That pastor then decides to leave and walks on water to the shore. The pope thinks to himself, if the Mormon and Christian can do it, so can I. The pope steps out and beings to sink. The pastor says to the prophet, “Should we tell him where the rocks are?” and the prophet says “What rocks?” (p.s. This joke was originally told in Spanish and was intended for a Mormon Spanish audience – if offense is taken, I apologize). It turns out a least for now, that I remember almost everything in jingles.
So it rained really hard the other day but my companion imparted his wisdom and advice. He said that for every hour I spent in the rain, my future wife is spending equal time in the gym (True Doctrine). Worst Mexican dish I have had – Clamoto. Words could never describe its interesting flavor (he crossed out awesome putridness). Best Mexican food has be Birria – with lots of meat. Most like home has been Lasagna!!!
Childhood Memory – We eat at Peter Piper’s Pizza sometimes on P-Day and they have a sweet pizza that taste just like Cinnamon Toast mom would always make for Michelle and I.
Christmas is coming and I have one recommendation – forget about the gifts – take a whole afternoon serving people, invite people over for dinner, read the four gospels and BOM every day. Here in Mexico, instead of Santa Claus they have the gifts from the Magi.
Mission joke: Yo, Buenas Noches
Random Person – no response
Companion – Oh, Buenas Noches Elder
I’m sorry I am not better with letter writing. In the Newsletter, make a little section of things you all want to hear. I do love all of you. You’re always in my heart and in my prayers.
Your Eternal Brother and Son,
Elder Benjamin Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment