Tuesday, August 24, 2010

April 12th, 2010

I've decided that one of my favorite things about his letters is his spelling mistakes, because it makes it more fun to try and translate haha. I love that he thinks a baptism is a surprise. It's not like in his last e-mail he said they had a baptism every week:)


Ok for a small change in the scheme of things. How are you doing dad? Life here in Mexico has been progressing along nicely. I am more and more used to the comings and goings of life here. In face I have a surprise:

Luis Alberto Morales Diaz was baptized on the Ninth of April 2010, and confirmed the Eleventh of April. From the beginning, he told us that he wanted to be baptized. We taught and interviewed him. He went to every session of conference and has friends in the ward. Actually, Luis was a reference from the High Priest Group Leader. Luis had been living in a free union up until the time when we started teaching him. He has no barriers and accepts the gospel completely and knows it’s true. He is reading the Book of Mormon and praying daily. We will be having a Noche de Hogar (FHE) today to show how to have one, together with our recent convert Alejandro and his family in the home of one of the members here.

As for other events here in Mexico, the earthquake has had very few after shocks. It has been very calm. I have begun to realize in these past few days the limits of my language ability. I can talk, teach and preach with almost no problem in the language. But I have a barrier, I don't know how to say some things that I want to say, about likes and interest, etc. I am going to push my self harder and harder to study. Actually, Elder Buchanan has a dictionary picture book that has ambos idomas (both languages) so I’m going to work on learning more of those. We have a zone conference this Wednesday in the estaca independencia (independence stake).

I haven't had any problems with the food since I got here, but I have been sick a few times. I can pretty assuredly say that I have never walked more in my entire life than here in Mexico. My companion and I climbed a hill running the other day to cut a little time off the clock, (it felt like a mountain.) After that I was on bien pilas (low batteries?) for the whole day. Oh, and by the way did you get my crazy travel letter? What do you think?

Got to go. Please express my love to everyone, Let me know how I can improve and be a better brother and son. Know dad, that I haven't stopped praying for you since the day mom told me of your heart troubles. You and Mom are the most important people in my life, together with my sisters. If something happens please tell me, I love you all. Cuidense (take care of yourselves).

Your Eternal Son,

Elder Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment