Wednesday, August 11, 2010

January 4th 2010:

The newsletter he mentions in the 1st little bit is something we started as a family, or tried to start. We aren't really good at it, well Jenn is:) Also you can see that Ben turned 20 two days before he sent this. He is getting so old!!!


Let Dad know not to worry, he will get a fun suprise hopefully sometime this coming week. I sent a bunch of pictures to you all. I still have more but they make no sense by themselves but if you'd like them I can send them. What ever happened to the newsletter?
The weather here was very cold for awhile but it seems to be warming back up again, but who knows here. As for the new ward it is awesome. A fun story to demonstrate the ward. The bishop's name is Adrian Reyes,born on the of Los Reyes Magos. One time the street he lived on was flooded with mud he and his family came to church with mud up to their knees and thighs, the women in their skirts to just to get to church. I made it a life goal to do the same. :)
As for my comapnion and I we are getting along great. We have a good relationship and rarely have difficulties. We are baptizing and have people to baptize. Actually there's a fun New Year tradition my companion does with his family. They have balloons fill up their entire ceiling of their house. When the clock hits zero for the new year they take a lighter or algo asi and pop all the balloon.
As for my birthday here, a cake was indeed baked, on Sunday. And I think I will go to costco and buy me a cheesecake as well. The relief society president fed us after our food fell through on sunday and she knew I had celebrated my birthday so she baked me a chocolate cake. Speaking of food, I am growing more and more accustomed to the food of Mexico everyday. If you want to have a fun authentic tast of the food here have dad cook up some mole and mom make some tamales.
I learned that here in Postal way back when the capilla used to be a mansion and the members met in it for Sunday and the missionaries lived in it. A while later the church bought the land and tore the mansion downand built the capilla, but oftentimes the people here still call it the Mansion. As for a story of the week...My companion and I found a less active named Guadelupe (apolldo Wally) one day I asked her if she had a neighbor that was sick that we could visit. She said yes with her we walked up the road to the house of Guadelupe (sickj family). Whose mother was on the verge of death and has since this day passed away. But before she died we taught the family and sang Grand Eres Tu and lots of tears were shed. The biggest thing in my mind was how I remember feeling heartbroken after dad went to the hospital. It was the most heartwrenching experience of my life that day and my heart was really broken for them and their suffering though I could never experience exactlywhat they were experiencing. As for all things in the work we are working here, being obedient and giving it more and more everyday. Actually if you all have any advice remember I can always recieve e-mails. :)
Till Next Week You're Written On My Heart With Eternal Love,
Elder Benjamin David Baria
P.S. Dad and Aaron and Becca who were your converts in the mission?Also dad fun fact VTOL are called Ascenders in Spanish. :)Please send Omar direction again.

No comments:

Post a Comment