Tuesday, August 24, 2010

March 8th, 2010

I always thinks it's interesting when he says stuff like that about his companions. It makes me wonder what they think about him. He tells us very little about his unexpected root canal. I've heard they are painful so I'm glad I didn't have to get one. And at the end as usual he requests things and gives us tips.


This week was a week full of wild twists and turns.

The week started off the same as the last few weeks, with little success and poco resultados (little results). But for me that all changed the day of our zone conference. I decided after we left to dedicate myself to do everything. To dedicate myself to going the extra mile. And the culmination of the attitude happened in Viernes (Friday), Sabado (Saturday) and Domingo (Sunday).

In Viernes (Friday) we went to visit Ester Bautista Arce, an investigatora who wants very much to be baptized. While we were teaching her she bore her testimony to us, and finally on Sauturday we got her connected with an hermana in the ward to help her with her boda (wedding) and baptism this friday and later on today we will know if the baptism is friday, saturday or next week. But the best part was this lesson- becasue I was teaching. It was a spiritually powerful experience, I set the plans, answered the questions, taught the lessons, and then decided to give her other son a Book of Mormon. We all left with a powerful witness of the truthfulness of the gospel.

In Sabado (Saturday) I had another awesome experience. We passed by an investigator's home to drop him (instead of going to Church they went to la iglesia catolica [the Catholic Church]). My companion started to planch them I asked him to stop because I wanted to teach lesson 1. We had a prayer and I felt on fire. I taught and taught, we felt the spirit so much that my companion fell asleep in the lesson. But I kept waking him up and I kept teaching until ultimately, after all the doubts, we gave the compromise to read and pray and go to church. I hope and pray that they will.

In Domingo (Sunday) in church we had no new investigadores. I pestered my companion until we left to bring one of our investigators to church. My companion and I had a rough day becasue I stood in opposition to his lack of spirit and decisions. But in the night we had an awesome experience. When we stopped by Anabels and my companion started teaching and then I set the date to get them married on the twentieth. We asked her partner and he said yes. Then I whispered to my companion fecha (date) and then he set the fecha (date) of her baptism the same day. Then after her doubts she accepted. Then I was pumped and we taught Danya another investigator and set her date for the 20th as well. And I am pumped for this week. Today, after a fun root canal, I am ready and rearing to go.

Till Next Week,With All the Love of My Heart
Elder Benjamin Baria

Moroni 8:3
I recieved your packages and gave all the candy away to the members here in the ward. Did you recieve my packages? Please send lizs address, kit kats, and a copy of my whole mission call. Have morning family prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment