Tuesday, August 24, 2010

June 14th, 2010

Hey Hey!!!How are ya'll doing? The mission field is going great. My new companion is named Elder Navarro. He is from Veracruz and he is one of the best companions I have had yet in the mission. I am his second companion, same as my last companion. He is incredibly intelligent, and loves the street life (where he grew up). We both respect each other a lot and work really good together. He is commited and loves the church. I will send ya'll a picture sometime.

By the way, I received the package. The Bishop gave it to me on Sunday after church. If ya'll sent it on Wednesday then the packages get here incredbly fast. If ya'll are going to be sending another package this week, I really do need garments (MTall Tops, Mbottoms) and the camera card I sent ya'll with the videos, also I would love some more really sweet ties :) . Also, if ya'll could send the recipe for no bake cookies that would be sweet.

Hey Dad, your package will be sent this week I believe-Happy Father's Day! Also Dad, the camera is not accepting batteries now. I don't know what the problem is but I will keep trying-it just says it is dead everytime. As for things I am studying that changes day by day. It depends on the person as we study their needs. As other goals I am studying Preach My Gospel to pass the mission test we have, and studying the Book of Mormon and Jesus the Christ. I started the Bible but decided it is best saved for after I pass the PMG test. As for arriving home in the evening, we need to be in the house at nine o clock here in Tijuana, in other cities the time is different. Actually, because we have an investigator that gets home late, we asked special permission to stay out a little later and the presdient said it was okay so long as we have a ride. As for talking to the president-every card we write, or conference interviews, and besides those we call when we need him. Or sometimes, for example, when we want to leave our sectors to do something cool we can call (I have done that a few times- to go to Dairy Queen :) ) A few weeks ago I recieved permission to go to the mission home once for a table and white board and another time to drop off a bill with Hna Hayn.

As for converts, just send the cards to me and I will give them out. The ward I am in is about to divide (there are six Elderes) and we are trying to activate and baptize sufficient Priesthood so that it can divide again. Goal for month, Retain, Activate, and Baptize!!! Alright Love you all, stay safe- I'll write ya'll later.

Animo
Love Eternally,
Elder Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment