Wednesday, August 11, 2010

February 1st 2010

Sounds like he is accomplishing a lot of baptisms:)


Okay dearly beloved family,I am writing you here in postal todavia. But now i have a new companion named Elder Vasquez. Elder Torres, my last companion, is now in Mexicali. This last little while has been trying for me. I feel sure in the language, and the culture, but a little discouraged and spiritually deprived. But don't worry, it will pass.
It was awesome to hear that things were all fun with the small family gathering. Here in Mexico we found a menos activo family awhile back. Soon we started teaching the granddaughter Lizbeth and almost son-in-law Juan. Lizbeth was baptized but still we have Juan. We are planning their boda (wedding)for the 10 of febrero and then soon after we will baptize him. Our recent convert, Salvador received the Sacerdocio (Priesthood) the last week and yesterday recieved a calling as the Elders Quorum Secretary and is really excited and preparing to serve a mission. I am really excited to have a new companion and start things out fresh.
We are teaching two jovencitas de las mujeres jovenes (two girls in Young Women). They had a baptismal service planned completely by the YW but their mother told them to wait a year. We also had another baptism planned for Saturday but it turns out he was not married. Needless to say, we have put his boda in the works and will have him married soon. Actually we are helping just about everyone to marry now because here in Tijuana the government is doing free bodas.
I don't really need anything except to hear from every single one of you, and some friends if you wouldn't mind posting on my facebook. Also can you check my gmail to see if there are any emails from my converts. I would really love a letter from everone. Thank you so much for the emails. Alright my time is almost out. I love you all so much and wish and pray for you every night. Be strong in valiant in all things.
Your eternal brother and son,
Elder Benjamin Baria.

No comments:

Post a Comment