Tuesday, August 24, 2010

April 26th, 2010

At this point he had been out about 9 monthsand I've never been on a mission so I don't know the time it usually takes to become a Senior Companion, but I thought it was cool:) Although his companion is barely younger than him and has been out only 6 months longer, he is still a "kid" which makes me laugh. Our niece Jadyn had just started soccer around this time, and our niece Adelyn had made it a habit to say amen whenever she was ready for the prayer to be over:)



I have just become Senior Companion. I have moved from Postal and am nowi n a sector of Tijuana called Los Pinos. It is strange how fast the time is flowing by. My new companion's name is Elder Alvarado and he has 3 months in the mission. I am his second companion. He is still a kid but he is pretty excited.

Postal was an incredible experience for me. Last week we had a baptism of 5 personas. Fernando a nini escrit does not count for nosotros (us). But Maria, Alejandra, Alberto and por fin Ester were baptized on Friday and confirmed on Sunday. I will be sending a package with a picture and a description. I am pumped to serve as Senior Companion. If you could all send me a little advice I would love it. We will see how this first week goes.

As for the mother's day call. Next week I will send you a number and an hour that you need to call here in Mexico. Tell Jadyn that I'll send her a picture of me playing soccer. Tell her I have faith in her. As for Adelyn, one of my converts Carmen has a little girl who would say amen all through church and even lessons.

I don't know how many members there are in Tijuana, thousands maybe. As for yearly baptisms I also do not know...hundreds maybe thousands. Next month the mission has a goal of 300 baptisms. Tell Dad I love him and to take care of himself. Be Bold. Doubt Not, Fear Not. But as for now I have to go, it is transfer Monday and there is always a lot to do. I love you Mom, Dad, Kathryn, Jadyn, Jenn, Becca, Aaron, Adelyn, Elizabeth and Michelle. Cuidense.

Till Next Week,
Elder Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment