Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 9th, 2010

I love how much he says "sweet" or "pretty sweet" in his letters. And in how many letters those words appear. I like the experience he had with the new teachings. Personal revelation is a very powerful thing and I am very grateful for it.



Hello Mom, Dad, Kathryn, Jadyn, Jennifer, Rebecca, Aaron, Adelyn, Elizabeth, and Michelle!!!!

Happy Birthday Kathryn, Althea, and Becca (Cards are to be written today and sent this week)

Hey Mom, It has been an amazing week and I have a sweet story for you. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I was in a new training program that all missionary leaders worldwide are receiving. We learned why there was a new program as well. In the MTC there is a training video called the district to help provide capacity to the missionaries. Church headquarters was about to make another and even picked the mission San Diego (across the border) to make it. The missionary department came to record new videos but after only a little time, they stopped everything and left. The crew told the missionary department that the missionaries don't know how to teach. The Prophet and the Twelve Apostles, with the missionary department, decided that the missionaries don't know how to teach. They spoke directly with the San Diego mission about what they were going to do. Then the missionary department came up with a way to help the Elders.

In every mission, all the leaders were called up and trained over eight district meeting lessons. The President trained us and had us do practices until we started doing everything better.

Lesson 1-The Doctrine of Christ, Lesson 2-The Role of the Holy Ghost in Conversion, Lesson 3-Revelation through Prayer, Lesson 4-Revelation through the Book of Mormon, Lesson 5-Revelation through Going to Church, Lesson 6 -Teach People, Not Lessons Lesson 7-We invite, they commit, we check up Lesson 8 - How to begin teaching.

The lessons are basically the why, then the what, then how, and where to begin. It is pretty sweet and I am pumped to improve. The idea is that every elder needs to understand his purpose to explain and guide people to guide themselves. Which is why the increased importance that they begin choosing to receive revelation. I have seen people keep their commitment and begin doing things that we did not even explain. We explained the power of prayer (with the renovated teaching) and invited them. When we checked up and they were now praying before every meal as well, something we never explained or told them before. They felt that they needed to do it. I have felt days when we have a lesson and begin describing a principle and just focused on the person rather than the lesson. Then we have felt completely guided by the spirit and the moment we follow that spirit, the people decided for themselves that they want to read, pray, go to church, and be baptized. It has been pretty sweet.

As for sending pictures, I think either one would be fine. So I have 95 dollars in my account. Okay I may need to withdraw but if not then it is better if it stays there. One other thing is that my companion has an external hard drive and puts all his pictures on that rather than printing them and deleting them (what I do) it sounds like a good idea but what do you think?

Dad, as for the convention, what will you be doing to contribute? What is the course of action you will take? Or what will you and the family do? This is one of my life goals dad that I want to share with you. I invite you to have a family council and discuss this and come up with plans, and to do something. Go, give it your all. And what has happened with your business plans, are you going to enter back into the private market?

I was thinking about what field I wanted to study after finishing up my mission. I was thinking about double majoring in International Business and in International Affairs. I would love to go into a business, although I have no ideas nor experience. I thought about politics the other day and thinking about how to be an ambassador. I’d have to know people higher up to let me in and I don't know anyone. I think I will study and get super metido in a party and then when I finish the university I will keep working in politics or a political office and try to begin a business or enter in with someone else and give it my all to be the best. What is your opinion?

I love you all,
Elder Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment