Wednesday, August 11, 2010

February 8th 2010

I love this story because it just shows the power that the Spirit can have.


A cool thing happened this week, two YW have been going to church a lot with Elder Torres. We set a date for baptism but the mother put up a year long barrier. Elder Vasquez and I went by and invited the mom and sister to go to the church for tamales for the ward activity and we let all the members know what was up and the mom came away with an awesome impression.
While teaching and answering questions the next day we gave a Book of Mormon to the mom who believes very firmly that Christ came to the new world so she is very excited to read. Then we set up a noche de hogar for tonight to watch the Testaments. We told the mom we came to talk about the baptism of her daughters. The mother explained her postition and then my companion asked Indra, one of the YW, to explain baptism. Then she asked her mom if she and her sister could be baptized...the mom said yes!!!!!! They are going to be baptized by one of our recent converts who is preparing to serve on a mission.
Actually could you please send the mission reference library I bought in Spanish and send it to me. I want to gift it to him to help him prepare. I also would love to hear about stories from the menor, mayor, LD, LZ, days from all of you. And mom, pick up good on the Spanish, Dad too. I promised myself to keep speaking Spanish and I think I will only speak in Spanish with dad for the rest of my life. :) Okay that is the story of the week. Be faithful and valiant and I hope to get the package soon.
With Eternal Love,
Elder Benjamin Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment