Tuesday, August 24, 2010

July 5th, 2010

They seem to really like smores:) I've noticed that a lot of times, Ben has to make sure his investigators get married before they can get baptised. I wonder if he realizes that soccer jerseys are expensive...I'm pretty sure we haven't sent him any.



Happy Independence Day!

I loved your packages as did my companions, the shoes and garments were much needed, as well as the Independence Day Party we had in the house eating smores. I will be sure to send pictures, or actually I have almost finished up an album and think I will send it your way.

We had a baptism on Saturday his name is Cesar. We had a long story with him. The only thing he needed was to get married, but everytime we tried something came up. This happened seven times until final they were married. On Tuesday my leaders told us that there were free marriages in another city and that the judge knows the sister missionaries really well. We went and told Cesar's wife and she accepted the invitation. We called the judge and he told us that the last day of the free marriage program was Wednesday. He said bring them tomorrow and I can marry them. We went back and told Cesar's wife...she almost fainted (this is true), and she said she would get married tomorrow. We stopped by in the evening and invited Cesar to be married tomorrow. They said yes and Wednesday morning we skipped off to Tecate and they got married!!! And on Saturday he was baptized. He is a powerhouse. I will send pics of the civil marriage and the baptism with the album.

It has been a good week. Our conference with the President will be this next Monday and the Monday after the 19th there is a possibility of changes (lots of leaders will be going home, two of the assistants and the rest are ZL's). Oh, my comapnion wanted me to ask you all if you could send the official soccer jersey of the USA (two one for him and one for me). He gave me the one of Mexico, it is pretty sweet. I need to go play a game of boliche (bowling) stay safe all of you. I loved the pics and cards and will be writing soon. I love you all.

Lead On With All Your Heart,
Elder Baria

No comments:

Post a Comment