Tuesday, August 24, 2010

June 28th, 2010

The subject is a sweet song we heard when un Cristiano gave us a ride. He blasted this song and now it is all stuck in our heads wherever we go. But the truth is the song is pretty sweet. It would be a sweet blog song that almost no one will understand.

It was good to hear about all the spring cleaning that is going on there. As for your slew of questions, I did receive those sugar cookies and my companions and I ate them all in twenty minutes. They were fantastic. Our Mexican companions have never had smores, nor sugar cookies. The only thing left to show them would be fudge as it does not exist here in Mexico. Don't worry Mom, transfers will be on the 19th of July.

As for missionaries here in the mission, the mayoria serve here in Tijuana (there are seis stakes) and then there are two stakes in Mexicali and San Luis Rio Colorado and then one in Ensendad and then there are missionaries in a few other cities, in Rosarito, Tecate, San Quintin, San Felipe, Guerrero Negro and Viscaino. As for museums, I haven't seen too many, and as for the Cerro Colorado I am not sure if there is much of a story.

As for my wrestling shoes mom, I suppose you could donate them to Timberline (our high school) to use. As for goals, I have been working a lot on not being bossy, being humble and trying to be more down to earth and trying to be a friend to everyone. Apart from the personal plans I have set, for spiritual goals I want to memorize a scripture everyday. But what kind of goals do you all have?

As for Spanish, I still want to learn more. There are moments when I hit barriers on what to say. Speaking it is really natural, but reading always slows me down. As for something cool I have learned this week was a lot on Christlike attributes and how much listening helps resolve almost all the problems that we face here in life. I would love it if you would send Teaching No Greater Call. Also, please send a sunscreen with an SPF above thirty as my nose is really burnt. Could you also send the type of small three ring binder paper I need to do bosquejos (sketches). If you could send smores once more to celebrate the 4th of July with our companions that would be sweet. And lots of crazy exotic pictures of the U.S.A. would be sweet to celebrate, or at least from Washington. Apart from that...that church video called Small and Simple Things and the sweet Restoration video that is an hour and a half long that follows the story of Joseph Smith up to his martyrdom in Nauvoo. I think with all that I will not need anything for awhile.

The importance of Soccer in other countires has caused a slight down turn in the work. Every investigator and convert stayed home to watch Mexico go up against Argentina, one of the best teams in the world. I have truly come to love soccer living here in Mexico, but when it turns out that no one wants to listen to us to watch futbol instead, it is pretty sad. But my companion and I are pumped for the work. We are going to focus 100% on baptisimal dates this week. I would invite those that have served missions to get in connection once more with their converts. I am doing good and I think I will be asking my companion to be sending you all a letter. I love you. Stay safe and I will talk to you all next week,

I love you,
Elder Baria

P.S. I have one pair of shoes, the sole is worn out, the padding is gone, the leather is ripped and they smell terrible after almost one year and there is no where to fix them I would love a new pair. Ones that look sweet please. Love Ya'll!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment